Hogle Zoo

We also went to Hogle Zoo over the weekend. It was really fun and I got some good sketching in. I was uncharacteristically free form because of the time constraints of the moving animals, but I think I ended up with some doable sketches at least. Dad even sketched with me! I am so proud of him--he's finally starting to make baby steps at getting back into art. Dad and I kind of did our own thing, as we wanted to spend more time at different animals than the others. If you ever go out sketching... the Giraffes are really great models. the are so stoic and hold very still. the elephants are somewhat good, but they have a tendency to shift their weight a lot. anyway, when the camera cord is found I'll post some pictures of the day, and maybe some of my sketches. It was a flight kying day.. :)

No comments: