I was then introduced to the contemporary composer Eric Whitacre, who's music I now considerably enjoy. I would love to hear your thoughts too. He started a series with a virtual choir which linked performers via youtube. This piece "Sleep" was performed by over 2,000 people using technology to link souls through music. Enjoy
Also interesting is his first virtual choir piece "Lux Aurumque".
3 comments:
I think both Jami and I had a chance to sing "Waternight." i also sang Lux for a state choir. It's CRAZY to sing his songs because he uses the most difficult chords and timing. Some of my favorite choral pieces.
Amen, Brandi, I was saying to myself, "I love Eric Whitacre! I loved singing Waternight and Lux." Also, I agree with you about how difficult it is. I still remember those songs clearly because it took blood, sweat, and tears to learn them.
I love the music of Eric Whitacre, too (sorry these comments are so late), but I especially love the new advances in multimedia cooperation among various groups of artists. Often I've thought of the feasibility of "collaborative" art forms combing a manageable number artists from different disciplines, sort of an artistic "cross-functional teams," ... maybe combine free-form artists, musicians, computer designers, and writers, to create an organic type of "Create Your Own Adventure." That would be so much fun! What a thought-provoking post, Rob!
Post a Comment