The latest book I read

The Hunger Games The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
In short: A well written page turner.



In Long: I never give a book five stars, but this one entirely deserves it. Suzanne Collins has taken on through the element of fiction some of the greatest moral and ethical motifs and come out victorious. While it is the first in a series, I feel that it holds up well on its own, and I might prefer it, thinking it's a single novel. Stunningly written, fantastically original, and hugely thought provoking--Thank you Ms. Collins for your wonderful book.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

Alyss Paige said...

I totally agree with everything you said. This is a very well written book and I am excited to see what the next book in the series is like, but like you I felt that this book could easily stand on its own...no further story needed.

Alyss Paige said...

A side note amber didn't list. While I did enjoy this book, it was nothing new. Early 1980s, by Steven King (though he may have written it under a pen name), was the Running man, a book (later a movie starring the Governator) about putting people into "reality TV" gameshows about survival against the other contestants.